At Heartland Dental, we strive to use our blog to provide helpful, actionable tips and information that empower dentists and dental professionals to improve themselves, their practices and their careers – but we're certainly not the only ones doing that! There are a wide variety of high-quality blogs on the internet that make a great resource for dental practitioners. As the largest dental support organization, we want to help you improve your dental career, so here are a few great dental blogs that can serve as a helpful resource to any dental professional.
The Best Blogs for Dentists to Follow
Each of these blogs offers a great collection of articles, news and tips for making your practice of dentistry more effective:
- Dr. Bicuspid: A wide-ranging blog aimed squarely at dental professionals, this blog offers tips on everything from day-to-day care to detailed, technical tips on specific procedures and conditions.
- Mouthing Off: This blog, maintained by the American Student Dental Association, is perfect for dental students or those new to the dental profession. (You might even see a few posts from Heartland Dental!)
- The Daily Grind: This blog offers looks into the day-to-day lives of a diverse group of dentists, making it an excellent resource for dentists in the thick of their dental careers.
- Dental Town: While this is technically a dental forum, it's still a valuable resource for learning about dentistry and polling fellow dentists.
- The Dental Geek: A more lighthearted blog, this is a great place for dentists to come to get inspired, learn more, and have fun while reading about dentistry.
Continuing education is a vital part of maintaining a career in dentistry, and reading blogs can be a great way to keep up with the day-to-day advancements of dentistry. If you're interested in reading blogs outside of dentistry, our founder, Dr. Rick Workman, has a blog called Dentistry Leaders where you can read business related articles. Being a lifelong learner is integral to success, and reading is one of the best ways to learn and grow your knowledge-base.