Earlier this month we hosted our supported doctors in Orlando, FL for the 2017 Winter Conference. The annual event serves as an opportunity for continuing education, networking and celebration! Each year, attendees hear from a variety of leaders in business and dentistry in addition to some of their own peers who have experienced success throughout the year.
The conference began on Friday, December 8th, and it was a day full of powerful speakers! We welcomed Bonnie St. John, Dave Ramsey and Patrick Lencioni. Each speaker gave attendees key information to implement in their supported offices, bring to their teams and incorporate into their personal lives. Friday evening, participants had the opportunity to network with one another and meet some of our trusted suppliers at the Welcome Reception!
Dr. Rick Workman, Founder, and Pat Bauer, President and CEO of Heartland Dental opened Saturday with the State of the Company address. Following their presentation, supported doctors attended two of five breakout sessions. The sessions included information on digital dentistry, communication skills, reaching new heights within your supported practice, multi-doctor relationship building and the business of dentistry. This year we introduced a new component to Winter Conference called Heartland Dental Talks. Taken from the Ted Talks concept, seven supported doctors spoke briefly on a topic they are an expert in. Dr. Brian Gray, our clinical keynote, was our final presenter on Saturday. The day ended in celebration with our annual holiday party! The 2017 Winter Conference was centered around celebration as we honored a year full of achievements, especially our 20th anniversary.
- This was the most attended Heartland Dental Winter Conference to date.
- 38 suppliers exhibited at the conference, and we had 43 total sponsors.
- There was a live painting performed on stage before the State of the Company.
- An anonymous donor bought the painting for $10,000 and the money was given to the Heartland Dental Foundation!
- One of Heartland Dental’s own wrote and performed an original rap to celebrate 2017. You can view the performance here.