Heartland Dental's Support Office in Effingham, IL is home to more than 500 employees. These team members work in departments like Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, Payroll, Recruiting and more. Many of the job functions performed here directly relate to supporting Heartland Dental's 800+ supported dental offices.
Today, you'll get to know a member of our Corporate Communications and Brand Management Team. Brittany is the team's energetic, bright force and keeps everyone smiling. Here is her story:
"Hey there! My name is Brittany, but everyone calls me Britt. I am the Recruitment Marketing Specialist for Heartland Dental, and I am honored to be able to share my story with you.
In 2016, I graduated with my Masters of Science in Family & Consumer Sciences from Eastern Illinois University (Go, Panthers!). During my time there, my research was centered around the retail business model and sustainability. Through my studies, I found a passion for marketing, business and entrepreneurship.
After graduation, I was on a serious job hunt when one of my college buddies recommend I look at Heartland Dental. After doing my research, I realized that I needed to give this opportunity a shot and applied. Honestly, the process was a whirlwind. I remember feeling so comfortable with everyone that interviewed me that I forgot that I was at an interview. It felt like we had known each other for years. In July, my hunt was over, and I officially joined the Corporate Communications and Brand Management team.
Going into my first 'big girl' job, I was terrified and didn't know what my experience was going to be like. I thought to myself, 'I’ll work here for a year to get something else on my resume, then be on my way.' That couldn't have been further from the truth.
Once I started, I was immediately in love with the company. Granted, I didnt think my first job out of school was going to be in the dental industry, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Everyone I have come in contact with here at the Support Office and out in the field has welcomed me with open arms. Don’t get me wrong, I work hard and so does my team, but we have a good time.
I do a little bit of everything in my role, but I mainly focus on external recruitment marketing materials. I support our Talent Acquisition Department to create vibrant and engaging content that will attract potential dentist and team candidates. Everyday is different and that is why I LOVE MY JOB. I have opportunities to travel, be a leader and run with almost any crazy idea I have in my head. My team is full of creatives, and we are a happy family.
To be honest, I hadn't thought much about my career path in college. So, when it came to looking for a job, I applied blindly hoping an employer would nibble. When I wasn't getting any bites, I took a long hard look at what I wanted out of a job. I knew I wanted more than to just have a job. I wanted a career. It was important to me to work for a company that was focused on innovation, leadership and entrepreneurship.
When I found Heartland Dental, I checked everything off my list and more. The fact that everyone welcomed me like family was a serious plus!
Enough about work! Here are some fun facts about me:
- I grew up in St. Charles, IL but was actually born in Long Island, NY
- I live with boyfriend of 4 years and our cat Ollie (she’s the cutest.).
- I LOVE anything Disney, my boyfriend and I are planning our next trip right now
- Nightmare Before Christmas & The Lion King are my favorite movies of all time.
- I was selected to be the student commencement speaker at my undergraduate graduation and spoke in front of 3,000 people *insert bugged out eyes emoji*
- I think I might be addicted to Amazon Prime, but who isn't these days?
- One day I would like to live in a tiny house, so I am preparing myself now and being as minimalistic as possible.
- My team would describe me as 'extra' or a 'ball of sunshine.'
- I haven't traveled outside of the United States yet, but I would love to go to Sweden & Spain
- I shaved my head when I was 22 for the first time and since then my dad refers to me 'Peanut Head.'"
Think you'd like to join our Support Office team? Visit jobs.heartland.com to explore opportunities!