It was another great year for Heartland Dental, filled with amazing growth and opportunities to create MORE value for supported dentists and teams. Here are just a few highlights and achievements from 2018:
- KKR Deal – Early this year, KKR became Heartland Dental’s new lead investor, with Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan (OTTP) remaining a minority investor. KKR’s resources and partnership have opened up many new opportunities to further advance the company’s growth.
- A Company of MORE – Heartland Dental unveiled its “A Company of More” campaign, focused on identifying what today’s dentists want MORE of – and how/why Heartland Dental seeks to offer those needs.
- 900 Offices Strong – Recently, Heartland Dental crossed its 900 supported office milestone, reinforcing the company’s standing as the largest DSO in the country. This company growth throughout the year also helped the company cross new footprint milestones, entering into several new states for the first time, including Washington. This brought the total number of supported states to 37.
- Support Office Growth – Heartland Dental continued building its support teams at its company headquarters in Effingham, IL. In addition, the company opened a new support office in Indianapolis – its first support office outside of Effingham. Heartland Dental will continue to evaluate possible locations for additional support offices in the future.
- Advanced Technology and Value Creation – Through partnering with prominent dental product and technology companies, Heartland Dental was able to offer world-class technology, products and training to supported offices. A major example of this was helping supported dentists advance their use of Invisalign and oral health scanners. Heartland Dental initiated the largest installation of digital scanners ever with 900 plus scanners provided to supported offices. The company also now features the largest network of Invisalign providers, having completed over 50,000 cases year to date.
- Giving Back – As a company, Heartland Dental and supported offices were able to contribute to many great causes, through events such as Free Dentistry Days and other charitable activities. In total, over $2 million was given in charitable donations and free dental care. In addition, Heartland Dental continued to mature the Heartland Dental Foundation, specifically rolling out the Employee Care Program. This program helps supported team members in need, who have experienced hardship from weather related disasters, unexpected illness, etc.
- Building Infrastructure – Heartland Dental hired its first-ever Chief Marketing Officer, along with enhancing leadership in other support areas. From an operational standpoint, the company continued to build doctor support as well, building its clinical director and doctor mentor rosters.
- More Education Through World-Class Events and Opportunities – Adding to its stellar lineup of educational courses and events, Heartland Dental introduced Launch – an educational opportunity for current dental students which offers a weekend of learning from prominent dental and business leaders and speakers. The company further developed existing events, such as Dr. LEADS and the Winter Conference, helping these events host even more attendees than ever before and create valuable, memorable experiences. New events such as the Implant Continuum were also introduced.
These are just a few examples of the amazing things Heartland Dental achieved in 2018 – all opportunities to give supported dentists and teams MORE. We can’t wait for the opportunities that await in 2019!