Last fall we conducted a company-wide employee engagement survey that was distributed to our network of over 1,500 supported doctors, nearly 10,000 team members and 576 Home Office employees. The goal of this survey was to better support our people and identify where they felt Heartland Dental was doing well and to identify some areas of opportunity. Overall, we wanted to give them a voice – encouraging them to speak freely about the good and bad. The feedback was extremely beneficial. We used CEB to help facilitate the survey, and we were excited to see that Heartland Dental outperformed the benchmarks we set on most categories. This benchmark is made up of employees who work for firms recognized by Fortune as the 100 Best Companies to Work For or 100 Most Admired Companies.
Here is an overview of the main points:
- Top three reasons supported dentists chose Heartland Dental:
- Continuing education and training - In 2016, supported doctors completed a combined total of 255, 961 hours of continuing education.
- Work-life balance - In 2016, the average number of hours worked per week by full-time supported doctors was 33.
- 85% of supported doctors would recommend Heartland Dental to a friend or fellow dentist.
- 80% of supported doctors and team members are favorably engaged overall.
- 81% reported they felt aligned with the goals of the company.
- Compared to a 2015 survey, satisfaction with Home Office and customer service has greatly improved. This is largey due to the enhancements in our Patient Service and Information Technology departments. In 2016, our Patient Service Representatives scheduled 61, 892 online appointments and answeres 2, 053, 831 patient calls. On average, 94% of people are "very satisfied" with the support they receive from our IT department.
- Based off feedback, we are looking at tools to advance our communication even further.
The results of this survey will help with our continued success and company growth. Through this feedback, we are able to celebrate victories and identify areas of opporunity, overall strengthening the culture of our company!